Dad's latest update. Would you pray that his blood counts would improve? It is kind of worrisome that the whites and platelets have been dropping. Thank you!
I went in to MD Anderson this morning for a blood draw. It had been 16 days since the last test (April 10th). Most of the blood values (white blood cell count, red blood cell count, hemoglobin, hematocrit) had been slowly improving. However, the platelet count had been dropping. So I was interested in how it was doing. The white blood cells have dropped into the low range. But also, the platelets have dropped substantially in 16 days (from 87,000 to 45,000), and are now much too low and going the wrong direction.
They have me on a shorter leash now. They wanted me to come in on Saturday, but that won't work. We are celebrating Jan's father's 80th birthday that day. So I will go in for more blood work on Monday. I hope the bone marrow starts ginning out some platelets soon. I really don't want any more transfusions or bone marrow aspirations/biopsies again.
Our List of Summer Hopefuls
7 years ago

1 comment:
Hey Emily, I'll be praying for your dad.
Post a Comment