Monday, April 30, 2007

He is Faithful, Remember

As I have been reading through the O.T. this year, nothing has caught my attention more than the God/Israelite cycle. What I mean by that is how it always seems as if God is doing something amazing for the Israelites (ie: parting the Red Sea, water from the rock, manna, etc), and they are pumped about it for like 30 seconds before they start complaining and/or worshiping idols again. I must be of Israelite stock- I am no different.

However, God knows that our sinful human nature is predisposed to forget His blessings, because another thing I've noticed is how many times He tells the Israelites (us) to remember Him, His miracles, and His blessings.

Do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart (Deut. 4:9)

Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you (Deut. 8:2)

Remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth (Deut. 8:18)

I will remember Your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all Your works (Ps. 77:11-12)

Forget not His benefits (Ps. 103:2)

Remember the Lord in a distant land (Jer. 51:50)
Sidenote: An awesome book about remembering the Lord is The God Moment Principle by Alan Wright.

One of the Lord's "miracles": A friend of mine recently supported my trip to Morocco in a big way. I was humbled. It was perfect timing. I hope I won't forget:
Dearest friend,

I was blown away by your generosity in supporting my summer trip. Now, we both know God's timing is impeccable- it just so happens on that particular day I was really discouraged about money and raising support in general. You were the vessel that God used in a powerful way to remind me that He is faithful, He has called me to this place at this particular time, and He will provide for my needs in each and every way. Our God is strong and our God is loving! (Ps. 62:12).

Thank you and much love, EK

No comments: