Monday, July 09, 2007

Meet My Roommates

How thankful I am for a wonderful group to work, play, and laugh with! We all hit it off from day 1 and are thoroughly enjoying taking in our new experiences together. I love each of them!




Leslie is my age, from Ohio, teaches middle school French and P.E. We teach the "big kids" at school here so we collaborate on fun lessons like "American Baseball" :) She is bilingual French/English and is the biggest goofball of our group. We are always laughing about everything and nothing!




Dana, an Oregonian now living in Illinois, teaches elementary school Art. She has been all over the world on various trips, loves Russia in particular, and would like to teach overseas on a more permanent basis. She is really cheerful, smiley, and helpful. She is an excellent cook.




Sarah is from Georgia and is still in college studying Government and Spanish. She has a boyfriend who loves her to pieces and does all kinds of sweet things for her even while she is away this summer. She was my roommate while we were in Cali. Sarah and I have tons in common...we both need lots of alone time, are independent, and have similar opinions on lots of random issues. She loves to travel, read, and explore. She has been to our city before and studied in Andalucia.

Vivian (no picture) is several decades older than us. Her name is actually Vivian Leigh which is awesome. She teaches overseas every summer leaving her husband home in California. She has been to Hungary 3 years and now Morocco for 2. At home, she is a private school teacher. She has a very dry, dead-pan sense of humor that cracks us up. I can always count on her to tell it like it is, which I- of course- appreciate.

1 comment:

mel said...

where are the burkas??

and what's this about you calling Mitzi.... i'm pretty sure I'm kinda sorta jealous about that.

your trip sounds awesome!! you're going to be so depressed when you come back to the boring U.S.A.