Dear Mystery Messager #2*,
Thank you for your thoughtful text messages these past two weeks. Your text messages were a bright start to school days #30 and #35...of 187. That you sent these text messages at the crack of dawn makes me think that, perhaps, you are also a teacher and understand my plight. I especially appreciate that you sent them on Tuesday, my least favorite day of the week. Besides Monday. Oh, and Wednesday. Tuesday is usually the day of the week that the kids go haywire and I want to shoot myself. Or lay my head down and go to sleep on my desk.
All joking and mild sarcasm aside, do you how much it means to me that I came to your mind and you took the time to pray for me? Boy, is that something I need these days: prayer for my alarm to faithfully jolt me out of blissful dormancy, forbearance with the middle school miscreants, serenity in the midst of their daily tantrums, and a supernatural dose of self-discpline to grind out myriad grad school papers, projects, and postings at the end of another exhausting work-day- - even when I feel like collapsing into my cozy little nest.
Thank you for encouraging me! I am praying for you too! And even though I have no idea who you are, that is not important. God knows. Moreover, dear text messager: should you read this blog and realize that you are the mystery messager, please do not feel the need to reveal your identity. There is something altogether exciting about mystery messages...kind of like a Secret Santa or something.
"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works"

No comments:
Post a Comment