Thursday, February 28, 2008

February:


I couldn't be happier to see you go. How do I say this... there isn't a month I hate more than you. You are much too cold for me. Your gray days make me depressed; the constant dripping of your cold, rain showers makes me crazy. If another droplet splashes my person, I will scream. More than anything else, I hate to be cold and wet and those two words sum you up nicely. You are a busier month than most. I have entirely too many friends with birthdays within your confines. It's not your fault, but it is another reason I dislike you. You have one holiday and it's lame; I don't even get the day off from work. By the time you roll around each school year, my students are wild and frisky. I find myself stressed out to the point of exhaustion over the sheer volume of tasks I must complete in your silly little 28(29)-day schedule. And each year in February- mired in a state of exhaustion and fatigue- the hypochrondriac in me wonders if I have contracted mononucleosis. You deserve to be boycotted. If only I could snooze until March, I could avoid your annoyances completely. Oh, and one more thing: you couldn't just be a NORMAL 30 or 31 day month, could you? Had to be different. Good riddance, February!

3 comments:

Dr Dave said...

Sounds like it's time to make another therapist appointment. You're talking to your calendar!!

Abby said...

We always hate what we don't understand. As a February birthday I have to say, it is a WONDERFUL month! As far as weather, it has been cold off and on, but when it isn't, it's a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny.... can't say that much for last summer...hot and wet :P

Mrs. Klink said...

hot + wet > cold + wet