
My Valentine's Day was actually pleasant!
As I was puttering around in the kitchen lab making my breakfast before school on Thursday, one of my 7th grade boys surprised me with a bouquet of flowers! What a doll! A few other children brought me single carnations and the usual barrage of heart-shaped suckers. My secret admirer even left a red rose in my box in the teacher's lounge.
For lunch, I had the students that I mentor in my classroom for a pizza, orange slices, and ice cream sandwiches feast. Later during 7th period, I received a bottle of what appeared to be champagne in a cute little red cloth bag. I was excited. Then I realized that it was actually bubble bath. :) So thoughtful!
Of course throughout the day, I got more than the usual "WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?", "YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE KIDS, MS. K?", "WHY DON'T YOU HOOK UP WITH MR. V (principal) and COACH H.??" and "WHY ARE YOU SINGLE AND THIS OLD, MS. K?" (I don't know, not right now, I don't like them, and only God knows.)

No comments:
Post a Comment