Along the Atlantic in Casablanca I'm lovin' it! Is there a place under the sun untouched by the Golden Arches? Ask a taxi driver to take you to "McDonald's", and he will shrug his shoulders, perplexed. It is all in the pronunciation. "McDoonuld" will get you to those beloved Golden Arches. Morocco McDonald's currently carry the McArabia (grilled chicken/garlic pita sandwich) and have been known to carry the McSahara (basically a burger in a pita). As in any other Arab country, the food is strictly halal.
Oddly enough, I have thoroughly enjoyed my dining experiences at international McDonald's (Mexico, Morocco, Spain), though I only rarely patronize stateside McD's. The McDonald's in Cuernavaca was probably nothing special, yet I was so sick of Central Mexican fare, my burger tasted downright heavenly. In Ceuta (technically Spain), I dined on a delicious salad (tuna, tomatoes, green olives, and hard boiled egg), gazpacho, and yogurt with berries. I might be tempted to eat out at USA McDonald's if the menus more closely resembled those of their international kin.
McDonald's Strange Menus Around the World

No comments:
Post a Comment