Sunday, July 06, 2008

McLovin It

Lately, I've been too busy to post anything beyond superficiality. A few weeks ago, I was mired in a spiritual funk. Predictably, my funkiness happened to coincide with colonoscopy #2 and upcoming birthday #27. I was weary of my experience with chronic illness, "old" age and eternal singleness. My God seemed distant, weak, and predictable.

Then, one day a few weeks ago, completely out-of-the-blue, my super-duper friend, McLovin got a job at my school in Cairo. In a matter of moments, things had changed considerably. HE did the unexpected. My numerous prayers regarding roommates, living situations, and fellowship in Egypt had been answered- just like that- in the form of one of my favorite people. Though I had selfishly mistrusted His care, choosing to trust my emotions and circumstances rather than His Word, He graciously reminded me unequivocally that He cares. He moves. He shakes. He provides. Our all-powerful Provider enjoys surprising His children. This is a lesson I won't soon forget.

The LORD upholds all those who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down
The eyes of all look to You,
and You give them their food at the proper time
You open Your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
The LORD is righteous in all His ways
and loving toward all He has made.
The LORD is near to all who call on Him,
to all who call on Him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him;
He hears their cry and saves them. (Ps. 145:14-19)
P.S. I would refer you to McLovin's clever blog, but she still has that super-duper lame password on it.


1 comment:

mel said...

Awwww...I just read this. God is pretty cool.


Don't hate on my blog just because it's more elite than yours..haha! J/K! You know I invite everyone who wants to read it...they just need to send me their email address.