2008 had its' share of ''ups'' and ''downs'', but I will always remember it as a BIG year:
- Completed my LAST graduate school class
- Finished my first (hopefully not last :) marathon
- Survived the hectic job fair and landed a teaching job in Egypt
- Moved back in with my parents for the summer...I loved the time well spent with them
- Birthday #27...it was depressing.
- ALASKA! Best family vacation EVER! So many great memories made. I'll have to write about it soon.
- Moving day was as stressful as always, but more emotional than I expected. Tears were shed by moi on several occasions.
- First day of school in Egypt!
- RAMADAN.
- EGYPT. An adjustment. God is teaching me so much. I might look back on it one day as the best experience of my life, but probably not this day.
- Kept afloat by my parents weekly phone calls and friends' frequent emails.
- Traveling: Greece, ''Germany'', France, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Turkey...experiencing new people, places, ideas, and foods :)
- Christmas in Paris...wonderfully exciting yet with a horrendous case of homesickness
- NYE in Istanbul...low-key and relaxing in a FASCINATING city
- A life-changing trip to the Israel and the West Bank
- Celebrating many new friends in new places, but oh so thankful for ''old'' friends and familiar places.
Random people in random places keep reminding me of this verse lately so I think it must be a suitable theme for the new year.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
(Ephesians 3:20)

1 comment:
Wow! I want to be you this year. You have put over 20 years of my travel into one year!
I love the Turkish lessons!
Post a Comment