Saturday, January 30, 2010

How I Spend my Weekend Off

Well, I ran another 21.7 miles this morning. I actually already completed that distance last weekend. This was supposed to be my "off" weekend from running as my schedule was booked this Saturday. Well, things change and as soon as I found out my Saturday was wide open due to a cancellation, I invited myself to join my friends long run on Saturday morning! Well, 3 miles turned into 15 and then OF COURSE I couldn't bail on my friend so it became 21.7. What is WRONG with me?!!

The marathon is February 12th. I had high hopes in early October when I began training for this race (ie: shaving an hour or so off my finish time). After I fractured my foot 10 days later and had to suspend all activity for six weeks, I thought the marathon was an impossibility. Given the "obstacles" I have overcome- combined with the sheer difficulty and frustration of "training" in Cairo- I'll be thrilled just to finish. Who cares about the finish time, just get me to that finish line!!!

1 comment:

marty h said...

I am impressed with you. Finishing would be great, especially breathing that "fresh" Cairo air. I will be praying for you.