
I got the best surprise of my brief teaching career this week from my 4th period class! Before I tell you the story, I should tell you my 4th period class is out-of-control. I am always getting on to them for something!! They are sweet, adorable kids, but the most talkative, silly, ADHD, boisterous bunch you've ever seen. (Secretly, I have the most fun with them...but don't tell them that! They don't need any additional incentive for misbehavior :)
Anyway, getting on with the story...toward the end of 4th period on Wednesday, the kids announced that they had a presentation to make and insisted that I come to the front of the classroom. Briana handed me a thank you card from the entire class. Everyone had signed it!! I was shocked! I could have cried, but for the record, I did not. :) Then they all piled on for a group hug. It was a sweet moment that I will always remember.
Like the photo-phile I am, I took pics of the card. (See below.)
* I love that Briana thanks me for putting up with her "talkativity", "loudness", and "ghettoness". PRICELESS!!

** Note Cindy's reference to my "ghetto fabulous-ness". They think everything I do is "krunk" because they want so badly for me to be "ghetto".




No comments:
Post a Comment