This is my prayer over and over and over each day. My faith is being "developed" through two seemingly endless situations. I don't like it too much, but the Author and Perfecter of my faith has His own ways of working. Who am I to argue? "If you can?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes". Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:23-24)
The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you." (Luke 17:5-6)
Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. (Heb. 11:6)
That, indeed, is a picture of mustard seeds!

1 comment:
I was cooking with some mustard seeds the other night. I was thinking, so did Jesus have mustard? Could I get some mustard for my manna?
Post a Comment