Monday, May 28, 2007

Man vs. Wild


Let me reflect for a moment on my new favorite activity: watching Man vs. Wild on the Discovery Channel.

Wait. I know what you're thinking. "You have a television? And you like to watch television?" No and No. I think it is a monumental waste of time with the exception of Jeopardy, CourTv documentaries, Good Eats, and apparently now Man vs. Wild. I have started to plan my gym workouts around repeat episodes of Man vs. Wild. Ratcheting up my treadmill incline makes me feel as if I am traversing the Sierra Nevadas or whatever wildnerness Bear Grylls happens to be conquering. Let me just say I got a solid 90 minutes of "hiking" in yesterday as Bear dominated Mt. Kilauea, the aforementioned Sierras, and a Costa Rican jungle. And who knew that one could consume pine needles to meet hydration needs in the absence of a potable water source?

1 comment: