THE NUMBERS:
2 weeks
2 classrooms
2,184 square feet
~80 hours spent working
5 helpers
5 days my dad took off of work to help
10 gallons of paint
5 gallons of primer
THE JOB:
3 days spent scraping wallpaper off walls
1 day of cleaning & demolition*
1 day of taping & cleaning
2 days of priming
1 day of painting
1 day of painting touch-up, re-attaching plug covers & paper towel dispensers
*Demolition= destroying built-in shelving with sledgehammers & crowbars.
LESSONS LEARNED:
*Hire someone to re-do your classrooms.
*Big projects are always more entertaining with your family members :)
*It is relatively easy to walk into a government building and start tearing it up.
*NEVER start "home improvement" 3 weeks before you leave the country.
*There is NO WAY this would have gotten done without my family helping me:
-That was two weeks of my mom helping me EVERY day
-my sister working 3 days each week
-my dad taking off a total of 5 work days to help out
-My aunt even brought us lunch and stayed to work one day
*I have an amazing, generous, hard-working, giving family.
*I am so incredibly thankful for their help.
*I LOVE THEM!

3 comments:
Correction: Your Dad took 5 days of vacation (not 4) to help on the project.
Be sure to post pictures so we can see it.
Aunt Kay
What an amazing family! I cannot wait to see it. I can always do some work while you are in Morrocco if you want me to!!
Post a Comment