Sunday, June 10, 2007

NOT FOR SALE

So on Friday evening after First Things First at the church, I met a dear friend of mine at Café Brasil in Montrose. Of course we shut the place down, staying late to visit and catch up! Well, as girls do, we stopped and talked more, lingering on the neighborhood street corner behind the café before parting ways.

A creepy van (complete with the wood paneling) drove past us, turned around and pulled up at the stop sign directly across the street from us. After idling for several minutes, the driver then rolled down his window and gave us the hitchhiker's thumb. He thought we were prostitutes looking for business and was happy to oblige. What a "delightful" first for me. I don't believe I've ever been taken for a HOOKER before.

Having just been at a praise & worship service at the church, I am fairly confident that nothing about our appearances screamed "harlots". I will concede, however, that it was not exactly prudent to gab on a (MONTROSE) street corner late into the night. Point well taken.

5 comments:

mel said...

don't act like you're shocked. maybe if you'd stop dressing so slutty and start wearing your burka then there would be less confusion.

Mrs. Klink said...

ahhhhhh melissa. always my special little encourager.

Unknown said...

Men...whether they are immigrants who gawk at us in Wal-Marts, put us on the spot at church and ask us for a date, or creepy mentally unstable unnatractive weirdos driving vans...they just don't get it!

Dr Dave said...

As your father, I second the motion about getting your burka on. And please don't stand on streets late at night!

mel said...

Emily, how did you know that was my spritual gift?

and by the way, when I say "slutty" I mean "American".