TWO OF MY FAVORITE MOMENTS:
1) "10,000 camels...is that enough??!!"
2) While walking to a student's house for dinner, my roommate and I encountered Mr. Charming- riding his bike, extending his warmest "Welcome to Morocco beautiful, beautiful ladies", both of his hands waving wildly and lavishing us with blown kisses and the pleasure of his self-satisfied toothy grin. Who knows whether he was most proud of riding no-hands or his smooth moves?!
And on an entirely different note... tonight I was out walking just after dark by the lake near my parents' house. A man passed me with a "Hey, how's it going?" Well, I totally blew him off. No smile, no "Fine, thank you"... just a cold, icy stare right through him. Hmmmm... response very Morocco-appropriate, very Texas-inappropriate. Please forgive me, dear men: after 2 months of spurning the public presence of all males, I am slowly re-discovering my Western-world social graces.
Our List of Summer Hopefuls
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment