Ms. K, are you really moving to Egypt?
Um...yeah...really moving to Egypt.
Please, why don't you move up to high school at Cy____________ with us?
Uh...NO.
(in a very distressed tone) WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LEAVE HERE? I mean, a wonderful place like this for a place like THAT?
Oh honey, we don't have the time for that conversation.
A place like that? *Gasp*
It's amusing and highly expected proceeding from the mouth of a mere child. Young'uns haven't the foggiest idea that there is a wonderful life out there, existing beyond the (un)friendly confines of their particular 'hood. And most of the juveniles with which I deal are already terribly prejudiced against anything or anyone different from their brand of "normal" or "comfortable". Truly pathetic, however, is the number of adults I encounter on a regular basis who make the same type of remarks. Get out of your comfort zone already, people!
Our List of Summer Hopefuls
7 years ago

1 comment:
dumb kids.
Post a Comment