
S: 27 y/o female presents with intense chest pain (~3 days), mouth sores, reports feeling as if "food is lodged" and "What little I can eat screams at me all the way to my stomach." Pt reports no recent changes in dietary habits or stress level, denies ingestion of acidic foods and beverages, admits current 3-month doxycycline treatment for acne vulgaris.
O: Lungs clear; mouth and tongue lesions present.
A: Esophagitis secondary to doxycycline usage for acne vulgaris.
P: Discontinue doxycycline usage; take Zantac 150 mg 1x/day w/ water on empty stomach.
**Word to the wise: take your anti-biotics with the recommended FULL glass o' water!!

6 comments:
Sounds painful. How did you find out what it was?
Bless you, Princess. I hope you get better soon!
Take care of yourself, sweetie!
Poor thing! That sounds really painful. Thinking of you :)
OUCH! That sounds miserable. Is anything more awful than being sick far from home? I'm praying for you!
OUCH! Is anything more miserable than being ill in a far away country? I'm sorry you are sick - I'm praying!
Post a Comment