So forget what I said in the last post about 57 hours on the train from Irkutsk to Moscow. It's actually 86 hours on the train! Gross. Oh well, I survived 7 days without a shower on Kilimanjaro. I can do it! I can do it! :)
In other news, I just spent two days at Listvyanka- a small village on Lake Baikal. It was absolutely beautiful, crisp, and clear! We stayed in a quaint little guesthouse run by a Russian woman and her husband. Listvyanka could possibly be my favorite place I have been so far on this trip.
So, about the lake. According to Wiki, it is thought to be the world's oldest and deepest lake, and second most voluminous lake (after the Caspian Sea). It holds 20% of the world's freshwater. It is BEAUTIFUL (and COLD!!)
I just tried to upload a pic from the internet, but it's all in Russian so that was a FAIL. Hopefully, I'll upload some of my own when I get back.
Our List of Summer Hopefuls
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment