Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cairo Bombing


Cairo Live: Khan blast
French Teen Killed by Cairo Bomb was on a Class Trip


Today's bombing occurred a few hours ago, just after sunset, in the famed Khan al-Khalili market near downtown. What a blessing that the second hand grenade didn't explode. The Khan is a wonderful place, but not one I frequent very often- merely for Christmas shopping or to entertain out-of-town guests. It is crowded, highly-touristed by Westerners, and the ideal locale for such an attack. I'm really sad for the families of the innocent victims. However, I am thankful the blast was nowhere near my residence and equally grateful to live in an Egyptian neighborhood, which may be less susceptible to such episodes of terrorism. The fact is, anything could happen at anytime, anywhere in the world. Nevertheless, God is sovereign! Despite the events from today, Cairo is the safest place I've ever lived.

Should you not fear Me?" declares the LORD.
"Should you not tremble in My presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
they may roar, but they cannot cross it. (Jer. 5:22)


But I trust in You, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in Your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me. (Ps. 31:14-15)

2 comments:

marty h said...

We are thankful for God's protection of you. I pray for you each morning.

vivian said...

I pray for you on my daily morning walks. You are right - we are safe with Him, wherever we are.